Friday, October 9, 2009

Ah...Chicago

I just returned from a business trip to Chicago. While there I made sure I found a few hours to explore the immediate area. I stayed at the Sheridan Chicago Hotel and Towers which was a lovely hotel in a fabulous location. The best part of this hotel was the gym and pool on the seventh floor where you could work out or swim with a spectacular view over the Chicago River and the Columbus Drive drawbridge. After working out inside there was a terrace where stationary bikes let you cool off outside. While on the terrace bike I was able to watch the Columbus Drive drawbridge rise to let six sailboats through and I guess this doesn't happen every day.

I took a few hours to take an Architectural River Tour of the Chicago River. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting the city in any weather above 50 degrees. It is fantastic and our tour guide was fabulous. Chicago urban architecture is among the best in American in my humble opinion. The last time I was in Chicago I also spent some time at Navy Pier and shopping on Michigan Avenue. My next trip I think I will concentrate on some of the incredible public sculptures and visit Millennium Park where there is much that is acclaimed including the Cloud Gate sculpture.

If you would like to see a few of the views from my trip please view the video below! Chicago is fabulous, friendly, has great food, drink, sports, shopping and culture. I recommend a yearly trip for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.